I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself, this year will see us head to our first ever festival, and there could be not better festival to choose as our first than Geronimo festival, and we are official Geronimo Bloggers! So keep your eyes on our facebook page for all the latest news and offers
Geronimo, the largest children’s festival in the North West has announced its most exciting line-up to date, with headliner CBeebies Superstar Justin Fletcher!
Following a fantastic response to the inaugural festival in 2015, Geronimo is returning to Tatton Park from May 29th to 30th 2016, plus new venue, Harewood House, from May 1st to 2nd 2016.
The biggest star on British children’s TV will be performing for one day only at each festival on Sunday 29th May at Tatton Park and 1st May at Harewood House.
The programme, includes:
· The return of Mr Bloom to the Geronostage Zone! Geronimites can ‘pop along’ and say ‘Ello!’ with Mr Bloom, where there’ll be a bundle of veggie stories, gardening games, and catchy nursery songs for toddlers and parents alike.
· Our favourite explorer, Andy Day will be performing his Dino Rap show filled with tales of his adventures to far away lands as well.
· Alex Winters from CBeebies will be hosting the main stage each day, along with daily meet and greets.
· Join Cook and Line from Swashbuckle in a rip-roaring pirate adventure! Full of fun songs and silly slapstick comedy, this energetic and interactive performance will be loved by children of all ages.
· The Adrenaline Zone will challenge even the bravest adventurers with tree climbing, den making and a thrilling zip line that will reach speeds of up to 60KPH!
· New for 2016 is the Arena Zone, an extravaganza of live displays featuring motorbike display teams, sheepdog shows with a difference (we haven’t got any sheep so we had to use geese instead!) and owls in the falconry show – on horseback (what else would you expect at Geronimo?).
· The Library Zone - Join some dance classes to learn Bollywood or Zumba moves or enjoy a gigantic drumming session – beware, it’s going to be noisy! For fans of Frozen, there will be a Frozen singalong and the talented Mr Yipadees show will be bringing instruments to life.
· Catch award winning theatre productions in The Theatre Zone, with Pocket Story Theatre - winner of the primary times children’s choice awards at the Edinburgh Fringe. Fabularium is the most eccentric of travelling shows and Les Enfants Terrible present the Imaginary Menagerie--- travel with Dr Longitude as he regales you with his strange stories and takes about his travels.
· Test your own performance skills with the Circus Zone. This zone also includes a full circus show and Circus fudge will also be performing his show from Glastonbury festival – don’t miss it!
· Enjoy a hands-on wildlife experience in The Pasture Zone where kids of all ages can climb aboard for a ride on one of the donkeys or Shetland ponies. Crocodile Joe will be hosting his amazing reptile show and new for this year, there will be the largest collection of giant Tortoises coming to Geronimo.
· In the 3ft and Under Zone, little ones can join a fun class with Tumble Tots, take a ride on a balance bike or take a dance lesson with baby ballet. For the tiny tots, simply chill out in the baby yoga tent.
· Fans of live music are in for a treat at the Bandstand Zone with popular acts on throughout the day.
· Creative kids can join in the many craft workshops in the Funky Junk Zone. From amazing woodwork workshops, hair braiding, face painting and fairy making workshops, to stone carving and totem pole making, there is something for everyone to get stuck in to.