One thing I rarely do is tell people my weight, there's a few reasons for this....
- I'm heavier than people think I am, infact at my skinniest in size 8 jeans when people told me I was too skinny they were stunned to hear I was 10 stone!
- I think it makes people uncomfortable, it's a bit like telling someone your age, people often feel the need to feign surprise 'ooh you look so young' even if it's not true. With weight folk feel like they have to say 'there's nothing on you' or 'you hide it well'
- Normally I'm embarrassed to say my number and I hate feeling embarrassed.
But I'm doing lots differently so in order to break all my bad habits I'm going to put myself in a very vulnerable position and tell you all exactly what I'm working to break away from.
So today, this is me....
My measurements are
- Bust - 47
- Chest - 41
- Waist - 43
- Hips - 49
- Arms - 13.5
- Thighs - 27
This is all rather depressing but I've come out of my first Slimming World meeting (I should say I was only weighed at my meeting I did the measurements and pictures at home) feeling rather motivated and excited to start changing habits.
My goals are
- To reach my Club 10 weight (this is a loss of 10%) by Easter.
- To be 13 stone 5lb by May.
- To reach my Target by August, this is a goal of half a stone a month!