A little while ago I found myself faced with a situation I hate, a female who I know well was attempting making herself look better by making other women (me included) look silly/wrong/less educated. It dawned on me that this person had no clue, not a single idea she was doing it and that her upbringing, was in a generation of women who were socially led to believe that other women are 'out to steal your job/partner/life whatever!' Now I had decided I would write about this and discuss the idea of a patriarchal generation who have encouraged this distrust and discounting or other women....
Then I had a really crap week and a half, the start of school has been tough,...
- My boy is sad and anxious his sensory issues are in overdrive and he is worrying for England.
- I've left my baby every day for 3 hours and she makes me suffer for this every afternoon with tiredness grumpiness and fierce (sometimes painful and exhausting) clinginess.
- The man is still swimming in a sea of giant waves of grief from the loss of his Mam, and as a 'fixer' it kills me that I can't make his sea calmer
- No one is sleeping
- My biggest girl is truly no bother but the stress of everyone being upset makes her concerned
I won't lie its been emotionally and physically exhausting and I've vented on Facebook a lot , but the spirit of sister hood, the tribal way of supporting one another has shown itself, meaning I'm inclined to write about that more than the spirit of bitterness I had originally planned. Let me tell you about the sow of solidarity I've had...
- A phone call out of the blue from a pal, ten minutes after my first ever Termite drop off 'hey mama monkeyfeet I'm just ringing to see if you need anything, hug, cake, tea a sympathetic ear....' cue huge racking sobs!
- I've been messaged with ideas to help my boy
- I've been sent reassurances that I'm not alone
- I've been hugged and patted and swamped with empathy and sympathy
- I've been sent inspirational quotes and lovely compliments on my parenting
- A friend in a similar situation has gone out of her way to post some worry dolls for The Golden Child
- Another sent me this text 'you looked sad and stressed this morning, lets have a cuppa tomorrow'
- My most calm, kind mamma friend has simply nodded and ahhed in all the right places showing that she may not have a solution but she feels my pain
I'm thankful for my tribe near and far , close pals, and those who are only seen once in a while I'm grateful that the spirit of sisterhood stands strong and I will not dwell on those who have lost their way instead I shall double my tribeswoman efforts to lead them back.
Thank you to each and everyone of you this week, I may be bawling like a baby but they are happy relieved tears