Thursday, 29 October 2015
Monday, 26 October 2015
But I know that some folk have seen these things growing up and so it becomes the norm, somewhere in your deepest thoughts you believe this is normal and acceptable behaviour and you should just say nothing, they didn't mean it, they wont do it again. YOU Pushed them too far. This is absolutely not true, there is no excuse, you deserve love and respect and kindness and if this isn't your reality I beg of you, talk to someone, plan an escape. WALK AWAY. And when their words of apology and promises of a fresh start begin to wear you down please please hold this thought in the very front of your mind,
- National Domestic Abuse Helpline (24 hours) (opens new window) - 0808 2000 247.
- The National Centre for Domestic Violence (24 hours) (opens new window).
Telephone 0800 9 70 20 70 - emergency free phone number.
Telephone 0870 9220 704 - legal advice.
- National Victim Support (opens new window) - 0845 3 030 900.
- Women's Aid National (opens new window) - 0808 2000 247.
- Rights of Women (opens new window) - 020 7251 6577.
- Asian Women's Aid - 01494 446366.
- Asian Women's Helpline - 0800 0526 077.
(Operators speak: Tamil, Punjabi, Hindi, Gujarati, and Bengali).
- Sahara Asian Women’s Project - 0118 9266 333.
- Rape Crisis (opens new window).
- Asian Family Counselling Service (opens new window) - 020 8567 5616.
- National Samaritans (opens new window) - 08457 90 90 90.
- Broken Rainbow Project (opens new window) (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) - 020 8539 9507.
- Northern Ireland Women's Aid Domestic Violence (opens new window) Helpline (open 24 hours) - 028 9033 1818.
- Scottish Domestic Abuse (opens new window) Helpline - 0800 027 1234.
- Wales Domestic Abuse (opens new window) Helpline - 0808 80 10 800.
- Shelter (opens new window) - 0808 8004 444.
- Elder abuse (opens new window) 0208 765 7000.
- Citizens Advice Bureau (opens new window).
- Victim Support's Male Helpline (opens new window) - 0800 328 3623.
- The ManKind Initiative (opens new window) - 01823 334 244.
- The Dyn Wales/Dyn Cymru (opens new window) Helpline - 0808 801 0321.
- Male Advice and Enquiry Line (opens new window) - 0808 801 0327.
- Changing Ways - 07818 054563 (only for men living in East Berkshire and Wokingham).
- Making Changes - 01635 264694 (only for men living in the West Berkshire (Newbury) area).
- Respect (opens new window) - 0845 1228 609.
Thursday, 22 October 2015
Why did I start blogging and what does it mean to me?
Well I started because of this lot...
And what does it mean? Well that's a bit more long-winded, let me explain the purpose of this post.
This morning I have to sit in front of a camera and talk about what blogging means to me, I'm doing this because I've been shortlisted in the North East Blogger Awards, Parenting Category. I'm not sure if I told you already? I did oh well in that case , just once more (pahahaha) ....
Wednesday, 21 October 2015
If you've watched Hey Duggee on CBeebies, then you like me, will currently be humming the theme tune in your head! Needless to say we are big Duggee fans here at Monkeyfeet HQ we already have some toys so we were excited to be offered a sneak peak at the new Hey Duggee magazine.
The magazine arrived to great delight and was promptly the source of great entertainment, Termite took off with the free gifts, a chef hat a Roly finger puppet and some cooking toys. I'm afraid they've now been hidden away from the big kids in her bedroom and may not be seen for a while!
There's a pull out badge chart to display all your badges, this weeks is the 'Cake Badge' which is the theme of this magazine. The magazine supports early years learning so is crammed with great fun quizzes, stories which teach co-ordination, colour matching, reading and many other skills.
The Magazine is released monthly and is priced at £2.75 which in my humble opinion is a teeny price tag for a couple of hours entertainment for three kids!
Overall, we loved it, it's easy for the kids (5 and 6) to read and the activities are fun, I liked the pull out recipe and sticker chart the kids loved the stickers and everyone is excited to make the biscuits!
Don't forget to tell me what you think of the magazine if you get a hold of a copy. I love to hear your thoughts.
Saturday, 17 October 2015
Hey did you know? Of course you did I've been doing my happy dance for over a week now! Well just in case you missed it, we are officially ....
Saturday, 3 October 2015
Expect towering hats, mischief and fun that is funny!'
T and Cs Family ticket in this instance is 1 adult and 3 children or 2 adults and 2 children.