I would consider myself a fairly positive person, I try to see the silver linings whenever I can, but sometime I, like most of us, can be a total grump!
Then last month I read something in passing that really struck me, it was a list of unusual thanks. I won't quote word for word but the jist of it was to find thanks for the things we all grumble about. For example be thankful that your clothes fit a little to snug, it means you have food to eat. Be thankful that you are paying your bills it means you have money to use.
There were more but as I said it was read in passing, I wish I had screenshot or saved the image! But these strange thanks popped into my head when I was running downstairs for the 5th time at 4am. This time to Termite just wanting cuddles! I'll be honest 4 hours of very broken sleep had made me a little grumpy but then I remembered this post and thought I'd give it a shot, here is my list...
- I'm thankful I've been up 5 times to my children because it means I have children, a blessing beyond compare.
- I'm thankful I've had to go up the stairs again because it means ...
- My legs work.
- I have stairs. (This has not been the case just recently)
- I'm fit enough to do so.
- I'm thankful that my smallest little person woke me just for a cuddle because I'm loved and needed.
- I'm thankful that my Husband snoring is keeping me awake because it means I have my husband safe by my side.
- I'm thankful that my biggest little person woke me up to say she loved me and wanted to sleep in our bed because it means she's not so big she doesn't still love a snuggle.
- I'm thankful that my middle little climbed into our bed after a bad dream because it means I am still enough to settle his fears